Sunday, August 12, 2012

Baby Zen #1: Sleeping is just more peaceful when you can feel someone else's heartbeat.

Yesterday I was overwhelmed with the minutia of everyday life and getting three kids dinner while River was overtired and ready for bed.  I kept trying to put him down to sleep in his bassinet.  Each time I did, he would start screaming a second later, so I would pick him up and rock him again.  I ended up putting him in my sling until my bedtime.  He co-sleeps with us and  I was really hoping to get  a little solo-sleep by putting him in the bassinet.  I put him on the bed for a minute to get the sheets changed on the bassinet and I saw him, eyes closed, little hands just reaching out, searching for someone to connect with.  Baby Zen #1:  Sleeping is just more peaceful when you can feel someone else's heartbeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment