Tuesday, August 7, 2012

God, I really hate myself for not staying on top of this.  I randomly daydream about posting during the day but something inevitably gets in the way.  I did get an article published in Bay State Parent magazine in MA called "The Gluten Free Kid".  It's a story written from the point of view of a child (my son Triston) about dealing with the realities of Celiacs Disease.  You can read the article at baystateparent.com in the August 2012 issue.
I submitted another posting idea to OffBeat Mama about Baby Blessing Ceremonies.  River is getting big and I want to have a spiritual base for him.  The other three are baptized Catholic, but since I've fallen off with the Catholic church, I'm not sure what to do.  I've seen some beautiful ideas for baby blessing ceremonies online and they seem to match more with my spiritual ideals than a traditional Catholic baptism.  I'm sure my mother is going to choke if she reads this :(
I did find an inspiring moment or two today.  I've found a great way to get my 8 year old to read.  I found an online kids news source that posts articles online.  He was fascinated today by the articles and embedded film clips.  I also got my 10 year old to start his own blog to work on his writing skills.  We had to set some guidelines, but I think he'll do well with it.
Many ideas brewing in the old noggin', just a matter of getting things out....

No comments:

Post a Comment