Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Baby Zen #2: Smiles can work Miracles.

Battling post-partum emotions isn't exactly a cake walk, especially when those emotions are compounded by bipolar disorder.  My moods have been shifting so erratically that I can hardly keep up with my own mind.  One thing that amazes me though, is how River is so incredibly in tune with what I'm feeling.  I don't know if it's the breastfeeding or just how much time we spend together, but whenever I am feeling hopeless or lost he seems to recognize that and smothers me with extra big smiles and happy coos.  No matter how bad I am feeling, there's something about that two-tooth grin that lifts me up from my darkest moments.  Baby Zen #2:  Smiles can work miracles.

1 comment:

  1. What a face!! How special that you two will have such a connection since the bigger kids are away all day!

    ReplyDelete